How can we be Champions of Peace?

For the last four weeks of Term 3 we were learning about ‘How we can be Champions of Peace’. 

Firstly we learnt about the different symbols of peace. Some of these are a dove, olive tree, victory sign, lavender, yin yang and a rainbow. These symbols represent peace because they all stand for things. Olive tree symbolize peace love and positive energy this is why why people pass away some people grow an live tree at there house in memory of them. With these symbols in mind I created a Peace Artwork. My Peace Artwork represents peace because it has a dove and rainbow cow prints. I enjoy making this artwork and I think you should make one to.

We also researched some real life champions of peace and wrote a short biography. I wrote about Lionel Messi, Micheal Jordan, Jesus and Saint Francis. I thought Jesus was a champion of peace because he cared for everything and everyone and he put others before himself. 

We also created a peace prayer book. I have attached my peace prayer book here.

I enjoyed learning about peace because we got to research diffrent kinds of prayers. The diffrent kinds of prayer I put on my slide were Buddhist, Hinduism, 2 catholic prays and a prayer that I wrote.

I learnt most of the prayers were about peace and the end of the prayer they all said diffrent things. I also think that it is quite cool that other religions are so diffrent to us and believe in different things.

One way I plan on being a champion of peace is by when I am playing touch for school at the game I can have good sportsmanship and if the other team get a try I can congratulate them.